Kalin’s PDF Creation Station WordPress Plugin
Build highly customizable PDF documents from any combination of pages and posts, or add a link to any page to download a PDF of that post.
- Finally updated Kalin's PDF Creation Station WordPress plugin after three years - 02-25-2014
- Thank You and Sorry to My Plugin Users - 12-18-2012
- Customize or Remove Header and Footer in PDF Creation Station - 08-11-2011
- Customize/Translate the word 'page' in Kalin's PDF Creation Station - 03-11-2011
- Change the Order of the Post List in Kalin's PDF Creation Station - 03-10-2011
- Customize Display of Comments in Kalin's Post List and PDF Creation Station - 03-09-2011
- KalinBooks Entire Blog as PDF (Creation Station Example) - 03-09-2011
- What I'm Up To - 03-07-2011
- How to change default PDF directory in Kalin's PDF Creation Station - 01-23-2011
- Become a Kalin's WordPress Plugin Beta Tester - 01-19-2011
- Using Kalin's PDF Creation Station when wp-config.php is in a Non-Standard Location - 11-21-2010
- Using Foreign Characters in Kalin's PDF Creation Station - 09-28-2010
- PDF Creation Station - hard code PDF link into theme - 09-23-2010
- I posted my WordPress Plugin - 09-15-2010
- Can Anyone Test my PDF Creation Station WordPress Plugin? - 08-17-2010
- PDF Creation Station Test - 07-21-2010
- My First WordPress Plugin: Kalin's PDF Creation Station - 06-18-2010
Kalin’s PDF Creation Station will add two menus to your WordPress admin. One under tools and one under settings.
In the tools menu you will be able to build PDF documents from any combination of pages and posts. Select any or all pages and posts from your site, then add a custom title page, end page and custom headers. Adjust font sizes, file names, or insert information such as timestamps, excerpts and urls through the use of shortcodes. Finally, adjust page order through a simple drag and drop interface. All created PDF files will display in a convenient list for you to delete, download or link to.
In the settings menu you will be able to set up options for a link that can be automatically added to some or all pages and posts. This link will point to an automatically generated PDF version of that page. Most of the same customization options are available here that are available in the creation tool, like title page and font size, as well as the option to fully customize the link itself. On individual page/post edit pages you will be able to override the default link placement so you can show links on some pages and not on others. PDF files are saved to your server so they only need to be created once, reducing server load compared to other PDF generation plugins that create a new PDF every time the link is clicked. The PDF file is automatically deleted when a page or post is edited, so the PDF always matches the page.
As far as I know I implemented all of WordPress’ recommended security, compatibility and cleanup procedures. I don’t anticipate any problems, but still, use at your own risk.
1. Unzip `kalins-pdf-creation-station.zip` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Find the PDF Creation Station menu under ‘tools’ and begin creating custom PDF documents of your website. Or go into the PDF Creaction Station menu under ‘settings’ and begin setting up the options for automatic individual page generation.